Volunteer At The ChainBoland Shelter
Volunteer Opportunities / 181 views
We are a small animal welfare organization made up of a few volunteers.
We currently have a temporary shelter facility in Tulbagh. On average we have 15 dogs at our shelter, waiting to find their forever homes. We also have a number of wonderful foster moms who help us with fostering of puppies, kittens, dogs and cats. We are very grateful for the incredible work these dedicated foster moms do to help us rescue and rehome more animals.
The remainder of our committee are all volunteers who have full-time jobs, own businesses etc and their involvement with Chain Boland is over and above their other commitments.
You can get involved and help us in the following areas:
- Sign/setup a monthly Debit Order of any amount that you can afford. This helps us to be financially more stable and allows us to plan our commitments better;
- Donate a bag of dog/cat food per month;
- Offer to foster puppies or kittens or adult dogs;
- Help us to walk the dogs from our Tulbagh shelter facility – we do this on Saturday afternoons in Tulbagh for a few hours;
- Often we need help with transporting animals/lifts to Cape Town;
- Offer to help work at a stall at markets or at fundraising event, or at open adoption days;
- Our Shelter facility in Tulbagh is always in need of maintenance;
- Drop off your good 2nd hand books (novels) which we can resell to raise funds;
- We always need a supply of blankets at the foster homes (they don’t last long) and toys to occupy the dogs and cats.
- We have a Whatsapp Group for Volunteers which is the quickest way to communicate our needs or often a crisis. To be added to this group, please send your details to Heidi 083 660 4841.